maandag 23 juni 2008

Sweet pea

I've been having an absolutely awful time at work, with deadline after murderous deadline, but I believe I have now met them all - phew! It didn't help that I was feeling rather tired and run down, but only two more weeks to go and it's all over.

Last weekend, my parents came to visit. Along with a huge amount of food and other goodies, they brought us a gift from the Provence, where they had just had a sunfilled walking holiday:



I do love my peppers, so when my mum saw this lovely colourful tea towel, she thought of me! It is now brightening up our kitchen corridor.

But let's take a closer look:


Okay, you may think that that is a rather pathetic selection of sweet peas, so small that they have to be held up by a hair scrunchie. However, I would have you know that these are the first product of my hand-sown organic sweet peas! I am very excited about them, and I learnt on Gardeners' World last Friday that the more you pick them, the more flowers grow!

My mum was rather invaluable as far as help and advice with regard to the plot was concerned. It was nice to have someone more enthusiastic (and hardworking) than myself around! She of course came with a selection of plants, and picked up a few more along the way. This nicotiana (very strong-smelling at night) we bought at the local organic market for 50p, and it's already coming into flower a week later:


More pictures of the plot, which is now thriving, will follow soon!

Geen opmerkingen: