zondag 8 juni 2008

Plot developments

Earlier in the week, we had our friends Evert and Anouk over for dinner. The plan was to go punting, but unfortunately it had rained extremely heavily the day before, and the river level was too high to go out. Never mind, we just had a picnic in the gardens instead, and a most civilised affair it was, too!

I was feeling very pleased, because I had made a salad out of the first lettuce yield of the crop. Look at all that goodness!


We had lots of other exciting goodies, such as these tiger-striped tomatoes:


Here we are enjoying it all:


This evening, I was emptying my compost bin, when I noticed a development so exciting, I had to go back for my camera, so that I could record it for posterity.

My initial thought was, 'Ah, a flower on the courgette!'


But WAIT! That is not just a flower, that is ... a mini-courgette! My first real-life courgette! Woohooo!


This all reminds me vividly of last summer. I had a courgette plant then, which I was even more excited about then than I am now. I was monitoring it extremely closely, and you should have been there to experience my joy when it produced its first, amazingly beautiful flower. Unfortunately, that was to be about the extent of it, thanks to the worst summer I've ever lived through! We are already ahead of last summer!

1 opmerking:

Berber zei

Wat hebben jullie toch een heerlijk decadent leventje (gelukkig wel met Ikea bekers)!
Leuk dat je groente begint te groeien!