donderdag 26 juni 2008

Courgette city

My two courgette plants have really blossomed into benign monsters, and I've had the pleasure of eating my own courgettes for a fortnight or so now. However, I get too enthusiastic and pick them when they're a bit tiny! Check out these babies:



I took my camera to the plot yesterday. The courgettes are truly impressive.




There has been so much wind, though! All my tomato plants were blown down (thankfully not too badly damaged, they are thriving, as well), and the huge courgette leaves had been functioning as sails in the wind. This one is just about ready for take-off; the roots have been pulled out!


1 opmerking:

Berber zei

Oh ik ben wel jaloers op die courgettes... ik vind het zo luxe om ze zo klein te eten. In de supermarkt pak ik toch de grotere, hoewel ik weet dat die minder lekker zijn.
Fijn weekend!